The story is told of a Bible
class teacher who asked a little boy in her class if he knew what
happened after Jesus was crucified. After a reflective pause,
the little boy said, "They buried him in a tomb." "Right," the
teacher said. "Then what happened?" The little boy said,
"He stayed in the tomb for three days." "Good," said the
teacher. "Then what happened?" "He rolled away the stone
and rose from the dead." "Excellent," said the teacher.
But the little boy continued, "...and if he sees his shadow, there
will be six more weeks of winter."
You know, there are a lot of people
like this little boy. They know a few facts about the
resurrection of Jesus, but the details are not very clear. See
how well you do on the following quiz. (Answer the questions
first before scrolling to the bottom of this email for the
- In addition to the women who sought to
anoint the body of Jesus with myrrh and aloes, what man also
sought to do the same? (John 19:39).
- What did Mary Magdalene think Jesus
was when she first saw him? (John 20:14-15).
- From what city did Jesus Ascend
into Heaven? (Luke 24:50).
- Who commanded that soldiers be placed
at the entrance of Jesus' tomb? (Matthew 27:65).
- Where had Jesus appointed the
disciples to go in order to see him? (Matthew 28:10,16).
- Who requested the body of Jesus?
- What was the name of one of the
disciples with whom Jesus spoke on the road to Emmaus? (Luke
- Who was said to be a "secret disciple
of Jesus?" (John 19:38).
- What did they bind the body of Jesus
in? (John 19:40).
- While the male disciples of Jesus did
not believe the initial report of Jesus' resurrection, did Mary
Magdalene believe he had raised when she saw his body was gone?
So, how did you do? What
percentage did you get right?