Yesterday, with the technical help of Tyler Brassfield, I added an iPhone/iTouch/iPad app in the iTunes store. For some time now, I have wondered how one could take advantage of the ever growing medium of the iPhone, iTouch, and iPad. According to some figures I recently saw, there are more than 100 million such devices in the hands of people today. So I thought it would be a good idea to use this medium as a way to try to get biblical material into the hands of people.
This new app is called “iDevotions” and contains the following:
- My blog (that you’re reading now).
- My MercEmail (pronounced Mercy-Mail) weekly devotional articles.
- 90 Second audio devotional messages.
- Audio of my weekly sermons
- And links to a few helpful sites.
- Another cool feature is if you find an article or audio message on the app that you like, with just a click of a button, you can share a link to that that article or audio file on your Facebook account.
If you’ve not yet downloaded this app, I hope you’ll do so and check it out. Also, I hope you’ll tell your friends about it.
Let me also put in a plug for Tyler Brassfield. Tyler is the brother in Christ who is responsible for putting my app together. I sketched out what I wanted the app to do, and Tyler made it happen. If you’re interested in developing an app for yourself or for your congregation, contact Tyler. There’s a link to his website in my app. If you’re think that an app sounds cool, but you don’t know what you could do with it, here are a few ideas:
- Biblical articles
- Daily Devotional Thoughts
- Audio messages (brief messages to your Sunday sermons)
- Calendar of Upcoming Church Events
- “Push” messages to subscribers
- Sermon Outlines
- Directions & Map to Church Building
- Question & Answer Forum
- Weekly Service schedule for members
- Weekly Church Newsletter
Well, those are a few ideas. Do any of you have any other ideas? If so, post them in the comments section.