1. Don’t put a lot of stock in those aptitude tests given in school. Can you see me as a Forrest Ranger?
2. Girls don’t really have cooties. I’ve grown quite fond of my wife.
3. Splitting your pants in 3rd grade won’t be the worst thing that will happen to you in your entire life.
4. The number of army movies you watched as a child does not increase your changes of getting drafted because of the military knowledge you amassed from the movies.
5. Surviving quicksand has not proven to be as big an issue as I thought it would be when I was five years-old.
Now for five more mature observations…
1. God has incredibly blessed my life.
2. I’m thankful everyday for my wife.
3. I’ve learned that life is short, and eternity is long.
4. I’ve learned that loss and heartache fine tunes your focus on Heaven.
5. And most importantly, I’ve learned that Jesus is everything!