Justice should be blind with respect to person, money, and position, but “Lady Justice” would be better served if she would remove her blindfold when it comes to the true “standard of Justice.” It certainly would have kept her from tripping over the word of God this week.
As I’m sure you know, the Supreme Court of our land ruled on Wednesday of this week that DOMA, “The Defense of Marriage Act,” which barred the federal government from recognizing same-sex marriages, was unconstitutional. Thus the federal government now recognizes homosexual marriages.
Just some musing following this recent ruling.
- How long will it be until polygamy and polyandry will become accepted? What possible objection could be raised to prevent it? If our Supreme Court can redefine the gender of marriage, then what could prevent them from redefining the number of those involved in marriage?
- We live in a post-Christian culture, and to a large extent, those who profess faith in Christ are to blame. We have compromised. We have followed the piper. We have attended their movies, listened to their music, laughed at their sitcoms, and quietly and submissively allowed the world to set our standards.
- The world has always been and will always be the world and subject to the god of this world (2 Corinthians 4:3). Christianity has always faced antagonism from the world. There have been times when the antagonism hasn’t been as great as others, but it has always existed. But no matter how oppressive it may become, the book or Revelation reminds us that the world is powerless against the Kingdom of God.
- It’s high time for the people of God to become more vocal and distinct. As the liberal left moves farther and father away from God, there are those who are not yet Christians and are being left behind. We need to be distinct and vocal for their sake, in order to point them to Jesus, and show them a better way.
- I wonder how far things will go. Will government encroach upon the church, legislating what it can and cannot preach. Many may say that will never happen. But who would have thought our nation would legalize homosexual marriage just thirty years ago? But here we are.
Friends, the United States Supreme Court has been incorrectly named. In reality, it is a lower court whose incorrect decisions will ultimately be overturned by the true “Supreme Court” in Heaven. Never forget, the firm foundation of God stands (2 Timothy 2:19).